en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jesper Bøgekvist  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:08:33 AM(UTC)
Jesper Bøgekvist

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi all

I have a list with social security numbers where they are in between 0 and 4 "activities" each day in september.
The problem is that i have to count how many days they are in an activity in september, but they may only count as 1 person each day even though they are in more than 1 activity. The order of priority is as follows "Kap 12" > "Kap 11" > "Kap 10" > "Kontaktforløb". So if a person, on a given date, is both in "Kap 12" and "Kontaktforløb" he should only count as 1 in "Kap 12" and 0 in "Kontaktforløb".

UserPostedImage

For instance the Black arrow points at a person with 3 different activities during the month. The total at the end should say 17, 13 and 0 because every day he is in "Kontaktforløb" he is also in another activity that has a higher priority.

So my question is, how can i count the total that take the order of priority into account?

Edited by user Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:22:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Niels Thomsen  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2015 2:06:03 PM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Hi Jesper

I think I have a solution for your problem.

My suggestion is to make a few intermediate calculations to get there.

First I suggest an accumulated count per person. The y-axis holds 2 dimensions – person and acitivities.
The acitivities of a certain person can be referenced as siblings since the all belong to a certain person.

If you make a calculation as a new measure with the syntax sum(0,d1:0(s),m1) you will have an accumulated count of activities per person for each day.

In a demodata example it could look like this:
UserPostedImage

Having this accumulation in place we can now make a decision whether a certain activity in a certain day should count or not.
If the count of a certain activity a certain day is > 0 and the accumulated count of activities for that certain person that certain day = 1 it should count - otherwise it shouldn't count.

So e.g. in your x-table an activity should only count if the accumulated count is 1 – if any other activity is registered it should not count.

That’s another calculation as a new measure with this syntax: if sum(0,0,m1) = 1 and sum(0,0,m2) = 1 then 1 else 0
In the demodata example it comes out like this:
UserPostedImage

Finally a calculated column with the syntax sum(all,0,m3)
This will give this result:
UserPostedImage

I suppose you will then go to Properties and Visibity to hide all the intermediates.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 20, 2015 2:10:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen

Jesper Bøgekvist  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2015 11:10:30 AM(UTC)
Jesper Bøgekvist

It makes perfect sense!! Just tried it on my own data, and the result is stunning!

Thanks a lot Niels!