en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SO  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:21:52 AM(UTC)
SO

Groups: Administrators

Is it possible to make a dynamic date for <= the first day of the year?

The closest I have come is <= previous year, but then I will miss the 1th january the this year.
Ole Arp  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 10:51:18 AM(UTC)
Ole Arp

Depending on your time dimension, this should be possible. The print is from our demo data, where we have a year-quarter-month-day hierarchy.

If you set Result level = Day and then two offsets, Month -> Specific -> January, Day -> Specific -> 1. It also depends if you have data for the first day of the year.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Monday, November 23, 2015 11:29:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Ole Arp

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.
SO  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 12:04:55 PM(UTC)
SO

Originally Posted by: Ole Arp Go to Quoted Post
Depending on your time dimension, this should be possible. The print is from our demo data, where we have a year-quarter-month-day hierarchy.

If you set Result level = Day and then two offsets, Month -> Specific -> January, Day -> Specific -> 1. It also depends if you have data for the first day of the year.

UserPostedImage

Thanks, this seems to work.

When using "specific" like this, will it always select january in "this year"? (if there is data)

Edited by user Monday, November 23, 2015 12:07:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ole Arp  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 12:35:25 PM(UTC)
Ole Arp

Yes, that is correct. If you look at the print, you will see that the first offset on the month level returns 2015 Q4 Jan 23-01-2015 (inside the parenthesis). This is because today is 23-11-2015 and then we use the second offset to manipulate the day (2015 Q1 Jan 01-01-2015).

Edited by user Monday, November 23, 2015 12:36:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typho

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Ole Arp

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.