en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Weber Stefan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:54:08 AM(UTC)
Weber Stefan

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi
I scheduled a table for export as an Excel file to an E-Mail address.
How can I include a notification context link to the Targit document as it works in a notification?
Thanks for your help!
Páll Bjarkason  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:08:00 PM(UTC)
Páll Bjarkason

Hi Weber

If you know where the analysis is located on the TARIGT ANT server, you can insert a HTML link to the analysis in the message box of the Schedule Job guide.

NB the folder where the analysis is located must be accessible to the mail recipient.
This can be achieved via a public share in the VFS\Global folder. (See File Explorer picture).
UserPostedImage
I.E. The LinkShare folder is shared to domain users.

The LinkShare folder is also accessible form inside TARGIT BI Suite (See TARGIT BI Suite documents picture).
Save the analysis in the folder.
UserPostedImage

If the ANT Server and the user are on the same domain, the HTML link referencing IncomeStatementAndBalanceSheet analysis could be something like this.
<a href="file:\\Server001\LinkShare\IncomeStatementAndBalanceSheet.xview">OPEN TARGIT Analysis</a>

To get something similar to the notification mail you can insert the text and link into the Message box of the delivery tab of the Schedule Job guide. See Schedule Job picture.
UserPostedImage

To learn more about this notification you can open the associated analysis below.
<a href="file:\\server001\LinkShare\IncomeStatementAndBalanceSheet.xview">OPEN TARGIT Analysis</a>

Then you probably can achieve something that resembles a notification context link in the roam of a table which is scheduled for export.

The mail result can be seen here.
UserPostedImage

Edited by user Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:17:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards

Páll, CTS
Weber Stefan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:01:35 PM(UTC)
Weber Stefan

Hi Pàli

That works fine, thank you!

The only thing I do not like is that we must have a copy of the Targit-document in the LinkShare folder. So it's necessary to think about that if you make changes on the original document.

Best regards
Stefan
Páll Bjarkason  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:54:19 AM(UTC)
Páll Bjarkason

Hi Weber

It is possible to avoid maintain multiple copies. From the top of my head listing two options.

A: If you do not like to copy the TARGIT-document into the LinkShare folder, hence having duplicates, you could create a read-only share in the folder where the analysis resides.

B: In case of file changes, another approach could be to have some (third-party) automated job copying the file to the LinkShare folder, before executing the schedule.

Notice: Security considerations and file operation concurrency issues could come into play.

Edited by user Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:57:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards

Páll, CTS