en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:57:10 AM(UTC)
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen

Groups: extranet\Customer

I need to return data to a crosstab that have the following dimension member combinations:

( DatePhysical <= CutoffDate (dynamic date)
AND
DateFinancial > CutoffDate (dynamic date)
)
OR
( DatePhysical > CutoffDate (dynamic date)
AND
DateFinancial <= CutoffDate (dynamic date)
)

How do I achieve this without using comparisons? Or, alternatively, how do I make comparisons aggregate to a total? I have a single cube, with a single measure used - and I created comparisons for the two above conditions and show both (see below) - note how there is a total row, but the value is NULL.

[img]http://imgur.com/9pIOr5X[/img]
[img]http://imgur.com/NcDXyH4[/img]
Ole  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 12:35:11 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Rasmus,

Cannot see your images. Broken links?

I don't think you can do what you want without using comparisons. If you need a comparison element to show the Total, set the criteria for the element to 'No selection' (any dimension will work for this).

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 1:19:59 PM(UTC)
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen

Hi Ole,

The links work if they are pasted into a browser, I don't know why they don't show up in the post itself.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I've used the technique with creating a total comparison element in the past and it works fine when the whole dataset is returned by the global+local filters.

Unfortunately, creating a comparison element with 'No selection' won't work in this case as the comparison elements are mutually excluding each other.

Since the OR operator doesn't exist, I removed the date condition from my global criteria altogether and created two element comparisons instead - they are defined by two date dimensions as noted in my first post - and without the OR operator I have no way of creating a unioned set of data in the global/local filter that covers any of the two criteria (if I did, I would not need to resort to comparisons in the first place).

/Rasmus