en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tim R. Hansen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:58:13 AM(UTC)
Tim R. Hansen

Groups: extranet\Webinar

Hi.

I'm new in our company, and have been tasked to make a full description of our Targit analysis's and reports.

So far so good with the analysis's, but i'm having some problems with the reports..

Where do i see where the report gets it data from? Isn't a report made from an analysis or am i wrong in this assumption?
Ole  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:26:01 AM(UTC)
Ole

Groups: extranet\Webinar

Hi Tim,

In a Report, you will need to switch to 'Define' mode to see what source data have been used.

Once in Define mode, you can check the following:

- If the report is based on crosstab element(s), simply double-click the crosstabs to see the crosstabs tha same way as in an analysis.

- If the report isn't based on crosstabs, but based on Detail band instead, you will need to read the content directly from the Detail band. The same principle should be used for reading dimensions in potential Group Header bands.

- Graphical elements, e.g. Bar Charts, may be a bit trickier to read. Double clicking may reveal their source unless the original chart has been moved or removed.

As an alternative to all of the above, you may open a report, then save it to your own PC desktop. The saved file is an XML file that can be read from e.g. Notepad. The XML code contain exact information about what source data have been used.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring