en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Karol  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:30:31 AM(UTC)
Karol

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi,
I've prepared a report with Transaction Date criteria in criteria bar.
The thing is the report should show data less then or equal to a selected by the end user date (e.g. 2016-07-27).

UserPostedImage

When I select the given date in criteria bar the operator is '='. Of course I can change it in Global criteria to '<=' and get the proper data, but then I get the warning in criteria bar '!' with information: 'Please note that other criteria apply'.
When the end user open the report in web client he/she is not able to change the operator (end users might want to see the report with the different criteria of Transaction Date).
When end user will select the new date in criteria (e.g. 2016-08-25) hs/she wiell get the epmty result because of different criteria.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Could you advise how to fix this issue, so the end users can select the criteria in proper way?
Ole Arp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:26:52 AM(UTC)
Ole Arp

Without knowing the reason why you use <= a specific date, I would suggest that you use dynamic time on your criteria bar and in the analysis. If the user wants to see data for a specific date, he can select Today in the criteria bar and set the calendar to the desired date.
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Ole Arp

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.
Karol  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 7:12:10 AM(UTC)
Karol

Thank you for your help. The solution that you have proposed is working correctly.
Thanks again :)