en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SO  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 10:27:54 AM(UTC)
SO

Groups: extranet\Forum

As far as I know it's not possible to calculate with dates in Targit without special development, for example I want to count the number of days between two dates, 11.06.2016 - 09.06.2016 = 2 days.

Will this be possible in the new release?

I'm interested in calculating with dates in order to investigate delivery precision etc, order not confirmed on time etc.
Niels Thomsen  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 11:32:12 AM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

Hi!

In the TARGIT calculation syntax this is not possible and is not planned in the version that is released 27nd of October.

Either you will have to fix it in the backend or using the integrated TARGIT Data Discovery (requires an extra license). Here you can use another library of calculations based on Excel.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 11, 2016 11:33:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen

SO  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:17:53 PM(UTC)
SO

Originally Posted by: Niels Thomsen Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

In the TARGIT calculation syntax this is not possible and is not planned in the version that is released 27nd of October.

Either you will have to fix it in the backend or using the integrated TARGIT Data Discovery (requires an extra license). Here you can use another library of calculations based on Excel.

Thanks for the reply.

Do I use the Data Discovery module for my existing source data and just get an extra library of calculations available where I build my analysis/reports? Or does it require new import of data from Excel or something?

Niels Thomsen  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:13:38 PM(UTC)
Niels Thomsen

The Data Discovery module allows you to define many different types of data sources. In your case you allready have the data inside TARGIT - so you will probably use the TARGIT Analysis data source type.

With the Data Discovery modul you can define one of your crosstabs to be a datasource in TARGIT Data Discovery. Then you can use the Excel instruction set and make new datamodel that can be used from your normal TARGIT Client.
Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards
Niels Thomsen

https://dk.linkedin.com/in/ncthomsen