en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 9:30:12 AM(UTC)
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen

Groups: extranet\Forum

I have a crosstab that accumulates the stock quantity on hand. This is broken down by weeks - but I would like to be able to hide (not exclude) previous weeks based on the currently selected dynamic date.

First, I thought of creating a comparison - but TargIT does not allow me to hide members based on comparison outcomes - and I would need the values to be included otherwise the running total of stock quantities doesn't include the data for previous periods.

I then read some documentation on advanced calculation and realised that you can use a dimension value in the format of cols(@"[2016].[Q1].[October].[42]",m1) type notation - but how do I create a calculation that hides previous members of the week hiearchy based on the currently selected dynamic date?
Ole  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 1:30:32 PM(UTC)
Ole

You should be able to hide members based on comparison outcomes.

1. Create a crosstab with Stock Quantity and Weeks (on vertical axis).
2. Create a comparison with two elements: The first element something like "< this week", the other element something like ">= this week". This will produce two columns which can be referred to as d1 and d2 respectively. First column will contain data for previous weeks only - the rest will be blank; second column will contain data for current and future weeks only - the rest will be blank.

You will then add a hide member visibility agent (based on your stock quantity measure) where the condition is: count(d1, 0, m1) <> 0

Best regards,
Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 8:40:12 AM(UTC)
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen

Originally Posted by: Ole Go to Quoted Post
You should be able to hide members based on comparison outcomes.

1. Create a crosstab with Stock Quantity and Weeks (on vertical axis).
2. Create a comparison with two elements: The first element something like "< this week", the other element something like ">= this week". This will produce two columns which can be referred to as d1 and d2 respectively. First column will contain data for previous weeks only - the rest will be blank; second column will contain data for current and future weeks only - the rest will be blank.

You will then add a hide member visibility agent (based on your stock quantity measure) where the condition is: count(d1, 0, m1) <> 0

Best regards,
Ole

Hi Ole,

Thanks for the tip, helpful as always.

Having done this (created the new comparison on the horisontal axis), how do I hide the column containing the "< this week" comparison element - I would actually prefer to hide both headings if possible? I have another dimension on the horisontal axis (reference type) and it looks silly to have a column containing all null values in the report still.

I'm probably missing something very obvious.

Best regards
Rasmus
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 9:49:08 AM(UTC)
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen

Just an update - I was indeed missing something obvious. The solution I used was to go under Visibility and hide a range for m1.
Ole  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:48:07 AM(UTC)
Ole

I am glad it was helpful. :-)

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring