en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeppe  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 11:04:27 AM(UTC)
Jeppe

Groups: extranet\Forum

I have created a relational connection to SQL Server 2008 and build a data model/cube in Targit management studio.

How do i configure the connection/model to be updated automaticaly? I thought the data was "live" because its relational.

Ole  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2011 2:25:13 PM(UTC)
Ole

In TARGIT Management Studio's "Scheduler" settings you may right click to add a new scheduled job. One of the options you will see is to "...process cubes of relational database...".
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Jeppe  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:36:21 AM(UTC)
Jeppe

Thank you for the answer Ole.

Is it possible to create a realtime relational "cube"/"connection" so that each time you query the model in Targit, you get the newest data?
Ole  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:07:00 AM(UTC)
Ole

You can have realtime results from a relational data model, but only as long as you have not defined any aggregations.

If you are working with aggregations, the query results will be from the processed data only.

Without aggregations however, query results will be retreived from your realtime relational database.

One note though: You need to process your data once for the TARGIT server to know the structure and members of dimensions and hierarchies. And as a consequence of this, new members to existing dimensions will only be available after a re-processing.

Also, please note that this is at the limit of my knowledge about relational connections, so any feedback on this - positive or negative - would be appreciated. :-)

Edited by user Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:09:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring