en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 2:01:40 PM(UTC)
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen

Groups: extranet\Forum

Does TargIT support execution of Analysis Services "Statement" actions class? (Or "Propriety"?)

I'm looking for a way to open Acrobat Reader and a specific .pdf document (combination of a given string) and the value of an attribute member.

Our IT policy forbids showing .pdf documents inline in web browsers, so using an URL action is not possible (it was the first thing I explored).

What our helpdesk suggested was the execute a command line like this:

"start I:\CredInv\Scan\71027787.pdf"

This launches acrobat reader (since it is associated with .pdf) and opens the specified file name, but trying to configure this in MSAS makes my head ache :)

Best Regards
Rasmus

Edited by user Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:07:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dennis de Gier  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:05:26 PM(UTC)
Dennis de Gier

Hi Rasmus

You can utilize the URL action to achieve this task. Here is a screenshot showing one of the ways:

http://i53.tinypic.com/j5v7dv.png

In this example, a URL action called Launch PDF has been associated to the Name attribute of the Contact dimension, and when launching the action, the Contact id member property of the Name attribute is extracted and added into a text string. This should automatically open the document in the application to which PDF files are associated in Windows.

You should also be able to launch in a specific application, e.g. Adobe PDF Reader, by specifying the application executable (if it takes parameters and is part of the Path for Windows). For example: "AcroRd32.exe I:\CredInv\Scan\"+[SUO Contact].[Name].Properties("Contact Id")+".pdf"

Note! To make actions work at all, you need to modify the cube connection string set up in TARGIT ANTServer to allow for actions to be available. The property to set is called Safety Options and needs a value of 1:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2a97eom.png

I hope this helps you add value to your use of TARGIT!

Best Regards,
Dennis

Edited by user Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:11:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rasmus Remmer Nielsen  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 10:28:30 AM(UTC)
Rasmus Remmer Nielsen

Dennis, thanks for the information, good to know and it will definitely add a lot of value to our TargIT solution.

I actually got it working (just this morning) in a different way. Since .pdf is already associated with Acrobat Reader, what I had to do was to create this action:
"\\<fileserver>\<share>\<directory>\"+[Vouchers].[VOUCHER].CURRENTMEMBER.Properties("name")+".pdf"

This works even if you drill down a hierarchy to the voucher number and right click it from there, or if you use a flat attribute (which I will not, only for testing).

MSAS is issuing a warning that "URL" strings that do not start with HTTP:// or HTTPS:// are marked as "unsafe" and I expect this is why the security conncetion property is necessary at the connection level.

BR
Rasmus

Edited by user Friday, October 14, 2011 10:29:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified