en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
N. Kleinjan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 10:11:15 AM(UTC)
N. Kleinjan

Groups: extranet\Forum

Dear members,

I got 2 questions about reports.

1 How do i get multiple bar charts in one report?
(Every bar charts has his own local criteria, so it can't be in one "detail or "overview")

Reason: I want one report wich has a personal bar chart for every coworker.
I tried multiple ways, but still have no clue how it can be done.

2 Is it possible to put a report in landscape view?

Reason: That is sometimes the only way i can get every measure or dimension on 1 page of the report.

Thank you in advance!
Ole  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 11:58:52 AM(UTC)
Ole

1. Depends on how exactly you want to do it.
a. You can add a "Group header" band to your report. Add the coworker dimension to that band and also add a general (without local criteria) bar chart to that band. As you fetch data for this report, you will see the report being grouped, one group per coworker, and that the bar chart will show data for the individual coworker in each group. You can even add a page break as a property to the Group header band.
b. If indeed you need (multiple) bar charts with local criteria, then the only way handle this, is to add the local criteria to the bar chart while in Analysis mode. The local criteria will then be carried across to the report when you insert it from the analysis.

2. Switch the report to Define mode. Go to the properties tab and click the *margin* of the report. This will give you 'Document properties' - including switching to landscape layout. Also, you may benefit from a crosstab element property called 'Fit to page width' (one of the small property buttons on top when selecting a crosstab element in report Define mode).

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
N. Kleinjan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:44:20 PM(UTC)
N. Kleinjan

Thank you for responding so quickly.

1) (Crosstabs in report) If i try to put a crosstab in a group header and fetch the data of the report it says: No detail or crosstab-section found in report

The problem is that i can only put one crosstab in the detail section, and only put one detail section in a report.

In wich section do i need to import the bar chart?

2) (landscape view) It worked and i got my report in landscape view wich is perfect! Thanks for that!
Ole  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:58:01 AM(UTC)
Ole

Normally you would create a report with one or more crosstab bands, each band containing a single crosstab. That would prevent the error message regarding missing crosstab band or detail band.

Then you might have a group header or a crosstab header on top of that. Into either of these headers you can add as many analysis objects (eg. bar charts) as you like.

Actually, I think I will grant you limited access to my TARGIT E-Learning portal, specifically to the Report Designe class. I think there will be a lot of useful information for you there. Expect login info mails to be sent to you shortly.

Let me know if it is helpful.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
N. Kleinjan  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 10:13:40 AM(UTC)
N. Kleinjan

Thank you very much for the access to the Targit E-learning Portal!

It is very useful.