en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SO  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 12:46:23 PM(UTC)
SO

Groups: extranet\Forum

I have a trimmed down cross tab where I've hidden most of the information, just leaving the totals which I want to show in a line chart. However, when I press the "Line chart" button the crosstab doesn't change to a chart.

What can be the problem?

UserPostedImage

It's originally a big crosstab with 10 calculated columns and more than 5000 lines which is a basis for those calculations.
The "-01 Month", "-02 Month" and so on is a comparison to group the individual previous 12 completed months.
Ole  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 12:58:35 PM(UTC)
Ole

The problem is that charts can only show values from the currently lowest level of a hierarchy. In your case, you probably have a Day level below the Month level. Then you have chosen to hide the Day values, but that will also hide the Day bars in eg. a bar chart.

The Day level is still the currently lowest level - it has only been hidden.

To display Month values in a chart, you need to make the Month level the currently lowest level of the hierarchy. You can do this by using the "Collapse hierarchy" buttons. But then again, I presume that will ruin your %value calculation, as this is probably based on Day values.

So, in other words, in a chart you cannot display values from eg. level 3 of a hierarchy if level 4 is the currently lowest level. Even hiding the level 4 values does not help, as level 4 is still the lowest level.

I hope this explains why it cannot be done.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
SO  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 10:17:31 AM(UTC)
SO

Originally Posted by: Ole Go to Quoted Post
The problem is that charts can only show values from the currently lowest level of a hierarchy. In your case, you probably have a Day level below the Month level. Then you have chosen to hide the Day values, but that will also hide the Day bars in eg. a bar chart.

The Day level is still the currently lowest level - it has only been hidden.

To display Month values in a chart, you need to make the Month level the currently lowest level of the hierarchy. You can do this by using the "Collapse hierarchy" buttons. But then again, I presume that will ruin your %value calculation, as this is probably based on Day values.

So, in other words, in a chart you cannot display values from eg. level 3 of a hierarchy if level 4 is the currently lowest level. Even hiding the level 4 values does not help, as level 4 is still the lowest level.

I hope this explains why it cannot be done.

BR / Ole

Thanks for the answer. There are four levels, and they are all needed due to calculations.To get the % value I had to do 9 calculated columns of values from the sublevels.

It would be a nice feature in the future to be able to select which level the chart should pick the values from.
Ole  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 9:32:11 AM(UTC)
Ole

Originally Posted by: SO Go to Quoted Post
It would be a nice feature in the future to be able to select which level the chart should pick the values from.

Indeed! Please head over to http://targit.uservoice.com to add this idea to the list.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring