en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jeremy Kimmons  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:56:17 PM(UTC)
Jeremy Kimmons

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi all - hoping someone can help - we have just upgraded from Targit 2K11 to 2K17 (Anywhere? That was confusing to someone old enough to remember PC Anywhere!).

In the 2K11 web client, there was a button (Might have been "Edit"? I unfortunately can't get to it any more to check) up on the criteria bar, that let you open up an expanded and more powerful critera editing window, so that you could, for example, do "between" or "greater or equal to" type selections rather than just "equal to".

There appears to be no equivalent functionality in the 2K17 web client, and within 30 minutes of the upgrade I had several nervous phone calls from users who made use of this functionality, and are now facing the prospect of ticking every box in the range they want (possibly across multiple hierarchies of a dimension).

Is this functionality still in the web client, but hidden? Failing that, is there anything we can do in the report design that will get us around this?

Thanks in advance for any help

Jeremy

Ole  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:36:42 PM(UTC)
Ole

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi Jeremy,

It is true that the pre-2017 web client could do a lot of the things that the Windows client could do - including using a criteria editor for more advanced criteria. In fact, the then web client was more or less a copy of the Windows client. However, trying to keep the two types of clients identical, albeit on totally different development platforms, seriously limited or hampered opportunities for new development.

With the 2017 version, TARGIT has deliberately split the platforms into a light-weight (but super performing) Consumer platform, the Anywhere client, and a feature-packed Developer platform, the Windows client.

Currently, the Anywhere client can only work with the simple 'equal to' criteria. I happen to know that the Anywhere client soon will include a 'real' criteria bar, but as far as I know, the Criteria editor has not been considered. You may want to head over to TARGIT's feedback forum to apply your idea: http://targit.uservoice.com.

Your only solution right now would be to provide selected end-users with the Windows client.

Best regards,
Ole

Edited by user Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:38:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring