en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joen Rommedahl  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:39:32 PM(UTC)
Joen Rommedahl

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi Targit forum

We have migrated an old, multidimensional cube to a new server.
As per recommendation, we have installed Targit on a separate server and are using Targit Management to connect to the cube-server.

We have now started the process of building up our reports but we have run into a quite significant issue when we are creating our Crosstab objects.

We can select our dimensions and measures without a problem, but when we try to select a criteria (for example the year 2017 in our date-dimension) the nodes will not expand in the "Global criteria"-window, meaning that we do not have access to the full hierarchy.
If I just ignore the fact, that I dont have access to actually limiting my data to certain quarters or months within 2017, and instead just select all of 2017, the Crosstab model disappears and we get the following error:

"Query failed

Command=Analysis request
Error=Request failed
Detail=Unknown member: [Dato].[Year].&[2017] in Dato.Dato cube: Budget
..."

Followed by a description of the Crosstab.

2017 IS NOT an unknown member of the Dato-dimension - it quite clearly exists when looking at the cube.
Also, interestingly enough, if I select Dato not as a criteria but as a header in the Crosstab, I get our measures neatly split into year, quarters and months. But for some reason Targit fails when I try to use criteria to select only the year I am interested in.

Almost all the dimensions refuse to expand and fails when they are used in criteria - it is not a problem unique to Dato.
I have also tried browsing the cube directly through SQL Server Management Studio and there I can select the criteria I need without a problem, so it seems to be a problem with how Targit reads the dimensions/hierarchies when using them as criteria.

I hope someone can help us because we are pretty stressed for time and this is getting a bit frustrating.

Best regards
Joen
Ole  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 11:25:25 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Joen,

It is hard to say what might be the reason behind this behavior.

If indeed it is TARGIT related, I would look into the TARGIT Management client to have a look at the Connection. Check for any unusual settings related to 'Non empty criteria' and 'Use subcubes'. Normally they would both active/enabled.

Also, in Decorations, check for any specific decorations set in relation to 'Criteria request...' options.

If none if this helpful, I think you should raise it as a support task on TARGIT's Support System (TSS) https://community.targit.com/en/support.

Best regards,
Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Joen Rommedahl  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 7:56:34 AM(UTC)
Joen Rommedahl

Hi Ole,

Thank you for the answer. I tried checking both connections and decorations, but everything seems to just be set to default.
I will try contacting the support system.

Best regards
Joen