en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cbo  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 8:43:57 AM(UTC)
cbo

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi,

The Targit 2014 desktop client was very forgiving when it came to lost connections. It just reconnected most of the times, as I remember it. The 2017 desktop client is not as forgiving. Sometimes users are totally locked out by the max 3-connection limit because they have lost 3 connections, and then someone has to “disconnect” the given user manually in management so the user can log in. Users don’t always remember to close the client before losing a connection, like when hibernating the computer.

Is there a way to prevent the max 3-connection lockout? Perhaps some kind of (faster?) auto-disconnect so you don’t have to do it manually? Or even better a way to auto-reconnect like 2014?

//christian
Jakob Eilsø  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:14:20 PM(UTC)
Jakob Eilsø

Which build are you running on?

We have the same issue, running on build 10171, and have been suggested to upgrade to build 10174.
But we have not done that yet.

/Jakob
cbo  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 6:37:15 AM(UTC)
cbo

17.3 build 10169

Anybody on the latest release? Do you have any issues with “max 3 connection lockout”?

//Christian
SO  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 11:47:08 AM(UTC)
SO

We have build 17.3 10174 and have the problem with max 3 connection limits.

I have not tried to provoke this error with hibernation or similar, but I get this error when using ctrl+alt+del and task manager to shutdown Targit when it's crashed or in an "endless" loop of data loading. I find this annoying since the administrator has to login to Targit management to kill the user process before the user can login again.

To avoid the need of using ctrl+alt+del I suggested a "terminate" button in Targit to immediately stop the endless data loading. The "abort" button is useless in these cases since it can take ages before Targit is working again.

https://targit.uservoice...558336-terminate-request

Ole  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:29:41 AM(UTC)
Ole

Unfortunately TARGIT released a pre-mature version when releasing 2017 Update 3 back in June. It was soon discovered (within a few days) that it had issues with time-out of discontinued sessions. Thus a fix was released to replace the previous version. The correct build number of TARGIT 2017 Update 3 should be build number 10174.

Even with the correct version you would still be able to provoke the 3-concurrent-logins limitation - intentionally or unintentionally. However, if this should happen, the locked session should now be released automatically within 2-5 minutes.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring