en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stine Grønnegaard  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 29, 2017 9:03:08 AM(UTC)
Stine Grønnegaard

Groups: extranet\Forum

This week some scheduled reports are missing line charts and bar charts when they are send out.
When I open the report or send it manually by e-mail the charts are shown.
The analysis comes from different cubes and have been scheduled for several years.
Ole  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 6:45:10 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Stine,

This is most likely due to an error in a recent Microsoft update. TARGIT put up a warning about this on their portal as soon as it was discovered. I have copied the text here, which includes instructions on a temporarily work-around until Microsoft releases a real fix.

Best regards,
Ole

Support notice: Charts not displayed
September 15, 2017 10:01 by Jakob Bak | Public News
The installation of a Windows Update causes charts not to be displayed in TARGIT Anywhere, mobile clients and scheduled exports on some platforms.
If you are experiencing problems displaying charts in the Anywhere client, mobile clients or in scheduled exports after installing the latest Windows Updates from Microsoft you will have to uninstall a specific update from both the server running the ANTserver and the server running the Touch Server. The update name depends on the OS:

Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
"2017-09 Security and Quality Rollup for the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2 and 4.7 for Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB4041085)"

Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2:
"2017-09 Security and Quality Rollup for the .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2 and 4.7 on Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB4041083)".

To uninstall the update go to the update history on the server, right-click the update and select uninstall. Then restart the server and your charts should work again. Please note that the update has different id's depending on the OS and that these id's are different from the id's used when installing them:

4040972 Security and Quality Rollup for the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, and 4.7 for Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2
4040973 Security and Quality Rollup for the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, and 4.7 for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and for the .NET Framework 4.6 for Windows Server 2008 SP2

Once the update is installed make sure to run a check for new updates and make sure to hide it from appearing in future checks for updates.

We are currently looking into the issue and working on a permanent fix.

Microsoft has verified the issue and is working on a solution: https://support.microsof...net-security-and-quality
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
SO  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 11:54:52 AM(UTC)
SO

We had the same problem after a windows update last week. The windows update causing the problem was not the one Targit suggested, but probably a similar one.