en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jakob Eilsø  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:32:18 PM(UTC)
Jakob Eilsø

Groups: extranet\Forum

We love to use Targit's predefined dynamic periods, since it gives automatic updates to otherwise fixed reports.

Some analysis are using the TargIT prefined dynamic period "Last Month", which on most days works just fine. But in the beginning at each month we don't have any data for "last month", and the analysis shows nothing, and the only way for the users to get data, is to disable the use of dynamic periods, and choose previous month.

Is there anyway to add extra predefined dynamic periods.
If so it would be an easy way to add a new period which filters on the month before last, and users would easly be able to change period, without disabling of Targit's dynamic periods.

Thanks

/Jakob
Ole  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 1:47:31 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Jakob,

The "Last Month" Dynamic criteria is set up with "Result level = Month" and "Month offset = -1".

Try adding a "Day offset = -1" before the Month offset.

In this way, on the 1st of every month, e.g. 1st October, the day offset will bring you to September - and then the month offset will bring you to August. On all other days of the month the day offset will keep you within the current month.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Jakob Eilsø  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 8:07:57 AM(UTC)
Jakob Eilsø

Hi Ole.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunate the hierarchy used in these analysis does not have dates included.
One of the reasons is to limit the amount of dynamic periods available in the criteria bar, for easy use.

So what we actually is looking for is to add a new time criteria to the "predefined dynamic time criteria", and not make a custom one.

Are the "Predefined dynami time criteria"'s defined in a XML-file on the TargIT server, or are they build into the Targit application.

Current selections available.

Edited by user Monday, November 13, 2017 8:15:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added picture

Ole  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 12:44:54 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Jakob,

Ah - ok. My suggested solution would require you to have the day/date level included in the hierarchy.

The Dynamic Dates presets are hard coded into the application - based upon the available levels. So unfortunately there is no way you can modify the predefined lists if you don't have the required levels.

Now, I don't know the complexity of your analyses - but if they are not too complex, you might try something like this:

Create a comparison with two dynamic comparison elements: Last month and This month. Sometimes, in the beginning of months, the last column (This month) might be empty. Use a visibility agent to hide the column (e.g. hide if sum(d2, all, m1) = 0) - otherwise, hide the first column. You can also use the same principle with if-then-else statements to produce a calculated column with the desired result.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring