en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
John Mark Bojanski  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2017 3:01:05 PM(UTC)
John Mark Bojanski

Groups: extranet\Forum

Is it possible to layer criteria in Targit to improve performance of an analysis or crosstab? For example, we have more retail accounts than individual years in our cube, so we would rather limit the years first and then move on to filtering accounts. It would be like applying an order of operations to criteria. Does the criteria bar apply first, before the comparison kicks in?
Ole  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2017 8:40:51 AM(UTC)
Ole

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi John,

You cannot set a specific order for dimensions on your criteria bar. However, you can activate criteria bar auto-filtering (right click criteria bar to activate). Then you can carefully design your criteria bar dimensions left to right and train people in applying criteria in that order.

Furthermore, with the latest 2017 versions of TARGIT, you have an option to apply "required criteria" to any of your data objects, e.g. a crosstab. In this way you can prevent a crosstab from showing huge amounts and slow performing data until the required criteria have been applied. "Required criteria" is available from the Criteria Smartpad.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring