en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lars Sørensen  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:37:04 PM(UTC)
Lars Sørensen

Groups: extranet\Forum

I have a fairly simple crosstable.

UserPostedImage

It's base is on offers for each country.

I only want it to sum for offers with a pricetag over 180.000.

I have tried with calculations and visibility agents, but can't seem to find the right setup. How do I do that, without showing each offer in details?
Ole  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:21:34 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Lars,

In the cross tab shown, I believe you are looking at aggregated (summarized) data. To handle your challenge in the client you need to have each offer in detail in the initial cross tab.

Only then can we calculate each offer and hide those with a pricetag less than 180000. Based on the visible leftovers we may then determine the sum of visible offers for each country.

However, I am not sure I will be able to hide the detailed offers once they have been used for the calculation. Can you provide a screenshot where you are showing the detailed offers (as a sub level to the country dimension)? Then, based on the structure of the Offer dimension, I might be able to determine whether it is possible or not.
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
João Morgado  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2012 8:10:28 PM(UTC)
João Morgado

Hi Ole,

I have a similar situation for 'conditional' sum. I need to add several totals, each one based on a specific condition.
For example : I have 2 measures - profits and costs and 1 dimension (project id for instance)
Now I need totals like : Total1 (profifs > 100 and costs < 10), Total2 (profits > 200 and costs > 100) etc..

Hidding elements and sum cannot be used - I have several conditions.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance,
João
Ole  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2012 2:51:45 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi João,

I have made an example, based on standard TARGIT demo data, that may get you in the right direction.

The initial cross tab is showing the two measures "Revenue" and "No of sales" together with the Salesperson dimension.

To that cross tab I have added four conditional calculated columns and a single calculated Total row:
UserPostedImage

The four calculated columns and the single calculated row:
UserPostedImage

The last calculated column (the other calculated columns are almost identical):
UserPostedImage

And finally the calculated Total row, with "calculations in intersections":
UserPostedImage

Best regards,
Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring