en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Reidar Beck  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2018 12:57:41 PM(UTC)
Reidar Beck

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi,

I have a stacked column chart as shown in the below image.

I get and message when hovering that "sampling has occurred to enable visualization of large data set"
I understand the message, that my data set is large, but i can't figure out how to visualize it as all my efforts to minimize it won't work(like only showing top 10 columns)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The columns 40 members and the stacked(inside of column) has 71 members.

The columns are sorted descending where we have 111 at around 51k and 412 is which actually is 31k is missing.

bar chart

Barch chart edit
-
-
-
-

Edited by user Wednesday, May 9, 2018 1:40:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ole  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 7, 2018 1:47:06 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Reidar,

The "Sampling..." message only occurs when you have more than 1000 data members. A crosstab at 40 by 71 contains 2840 cells. Every cell is counted - including the empty ones. You probably knew that.

With regard to the presentation question - I can only think of a solution where you swapped the two dimensions. With the right dimension on the vertical axis you can sort the data - or even better: Use the new Rank function - in order to hide those members outside the Top 10.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Reidar Beck  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 9, 2018 1:39:49 PM(UTC)
Reidar Beck

Hi Ole,

I actually didn't know the upper limit was 1000 data members, very useful information.

Your solution with swapping the dimensions and using rank function is very clever and works in limiting the data.

Having so many data members wasn't the smartest visualization option, so i made a new dashboard that split the two dimensions into two diagrams and added a filter option.

Thanks for the help :)