en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joke Laukens  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:06:10 PM(UTC)
Joke Laukens

Groups: extranet\Customer

Hi,

I have a crosstab with a in the rows hierachy with levels sales rep and customer and in the columns a year.
I am measuring sales amount (m1) and customer count (m2).

1/ I have added a calculation that determines my type of customer. Has the customer sales for the current and previous year (value 3), has the customer only sales for the current year (value 2), has the customer only sales for the previous year (value 1) --> (if sum(d-2, 0, m1) = 0 then 0 else 1) + (if sum(d-1, 0, m1) = 0 then 0 else 2)

2/ I have added a visibility agent as I want 3 crosstabs all with one type of customer (as defined before) visible.
So for my first crosstab, i only want to see customers with a value 3 (returning customers).

3/ I want to count the number of returning customers: I added a calculation cust cnt ly : sum(d-1, all(v,c), m2). It shows me the correct number of customers on the level of the sales rep: hooray!

4/ Now the 'tricky' part: I actually don't want to see the customers, I want to see this information only on sales rep level. So when I 'close' the customer level, cust cnt ly shows 0 because (I guess) the customers are now unvisible..

I hope I've stated my case clearly. If not, let me know.

Who can help me?

Thx.
Ole  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 12:36:15 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Joke,

You are right - the visibility modifier will conflict with your visibility settings.

Instead, you might want to work with two calculations per condition: One that simply sets a value (1) if the condition is met, otherwise zero (0) - and another one that, on the subtotal level, sums up the number of set values from the previous calculation.

Then afterwards, work with visibility to get the desired output (the lower crosstab in the screenshot).

I have attached a screenshot that should explain the principle.

UserPostedImage

BR / Ole

Edited by user Thursday, August 9, 2018 12:37:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Joke Laukens  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 1:25:33 PM(UTC)
Joke Laukens

Hi Ole,

Thank you for your swift reply..

That works as long as I keep my customers level visible. But when I close that level and only see the sales reps listed it goes wrong as allcount(d1, all(c), m1) evaluates to 0 for the sales reps level when my customers level is closed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Ole  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 6:42:46 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Joke,

True. It only works when working with visibility. You can hide the customers as described above - and it will still work.

It will not work when closing the customer level. Closing a hierarchy level is the same as not requesting data for that level. And with no data requested there is nothing for TARGIT to work on.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

Joke Laukens  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 11:58:40 AM(UTC)
Joke Laukens

Hi Ole,

Too bad.

Is it possible in Targit to make it impossible for a end user to close a level? The customer level in my case?

Thanks,
Joke.
Ole  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 12:09:03 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Joke,

Opening and closing hierarchy levels is standard end user functionality - and cannot be disabled.

Now, I don't know how your Customer dimension has been built. But very often when you have a hierarchy, you also have the individual levels of the hierarchy as separate dimension attributes. Instead of using the Sales Rep -> Customer hierarchy, you may be able to build your crosstab with the Sales Rep attribute and the Customer attribute on the same vertical axis. It will look like a hierarchy, and it will work like hierarchy with regard to the before mentioned calculations - but end users (without designer rights) will not be able to close the customer level.

BR / Ole