en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jacob Benoot  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:00:11 AM(UTC)
Jacob Benoot

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hello

I would like to have a comparison on a specific measure (with YTD, LYTD etc.) and next to it, a different measure but without the comparison. In the same crosstab.

For example, I have:
-YTD sales amount
-YTD Last Year sales amount

And I would like to add (without the comparison applied, in the same crosstab)
-Sales Quantity

If I just add the measure, the comparison is applied to both.
Got any tips or hints on how to tackle this?

I would like to keep it in the same crosstab, as we'd like to be able to export it to excel. If it's not in the same crosstab, an excel-export would separate the tables over different sheets.

Thanks

Kind Regards
Jacob Benoot

UserPostedImage
Ole  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:20:05 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Jacob,

You cannot get around that you will have to add both measures, and initially both measures will show for each comparison element.

From your Properties tab, Visibility, you can now work with the two measures: 'Hide for a range of comparison'. The interface is not the best, but for one of the measures you will have to do something like this:

- 'Hide from number 1 from the first'
- Click 'Define range end' and then 'Hide to number 5 from the first'

This will hide the selected measure for the first five comparison elements.

You may also want to add an extra comparison element to your comparison: Add the new element and click 'Ok' without selecting any criteria. This new element will show up as 'Total' (you can rename it as you like). The effect of this element is that it will have no comparison criteria, but will still be effected by global/local criteria.

So, your goal would be to set up Visibility (hide range) to show Measure 1 for all the "normal" comparison elements, while Measure 2 should be shown only for the extra "special" element.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Jacob Benoot  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2018 8:34:21 AM(UTC)
Jacob Benoot

Thank you, Ole. That's exactly what I need!