en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kenneth Andersen  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:29:40 AM(UTC)
Kenneth Andersen

Groups: extranet\Forum

I know it is possible to use colour agents on measures, but is it possible to text colour a dimension name based on the value of af measure?
Ole  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:23:10 PM(UTC)
Ole

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi Kenneth,

No. Unfortunately color agents only extends to the measure values in a crosstab.

However, if you do not have too many dimension members you might consider this very creative solution:

1. Add a calculated column to your crosstab, simply with the value "1".
2. Add a "Color element" color agent to your measure - e.g. red and green for negtive and positive.
3. Make sure that your color agents "Apply to all cells in row".
4. Use "Visibility" to hide the original measure.
5. Turn the crosstab into a horizontal bar chart.
6. In Chart properties, hide everything but the bars: Hide legend, hide dimension axis line and lables, hide measure axis line and labels.
7. Set measure axis Minimum to '0' and Maximum to '1'. (This should ensure that all bars are the same size.)
8. Add "Row member" labels to the bars and format these labels with proper size and color.

At this point, you should see a list (bars) of dimension member names on colored backgrounds according to your color agent.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring