en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Matthew Gamsey  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 2:55:06 PM(UTC)
Matthew Gamsey

Groups: extranet\Forum

I am trying to figure out how I can use Targit to calculate a run rate on a given set of data. I am using dynamic period of Month to Date (MTD) on various measures and want to be able to calculate out what the projected full month results will be.

So, for example, if my MTD is as of September 10th and the measure totals $10,000, I want to use a formula that will take the $10,000 divide by 10 days and multiply by 30 days in September to get a Run Rate of $30,000.

Is this at all possible?

Any help is appreciated
Ole  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 6:48:12 AM(UTC)
Ole

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi Matthew,

You can do it in TARGIT - however, not in an easy manner.

It will require that your data set in the TARGIT client include data down to the day level and you somehow are able to present data for each day. Next, you will need to do a count calculation where you count the number of days within a given month. You would need something like allcount(d1, all(s), m1) if you days are part of a month-day hierarchy. This is the only way to know how many days has passed within the current month, based on client-only calculations.

BR / Ole

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring