en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Koszulinski  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 5:55:26 PM(UTC)
Joe Koszulinski

Groups: extranet\Forum

Is it possible to create a dynamic layout based on two other distinct dynamic layouts in the same card?

For example, I have two dynamic layouts computing two unique numeric metrics. I want to divide these two metrics to create a new dynamic layout in the same card.

Has anyone encountered this? Will using a KPI work better? If so, how can I get the KPI to do a formula out of existing KPI's/dynamic layouts in current card?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 8, 2019 6:03:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ole  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 8:29:24 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Joe,

I would be happy to help you, but first I think we need to sort out the terms used.

What do you mean by "card"? Is that the same as a single document/analysis in TARGIT?

And what do you mean by "layout"? Is that the same as a single object (crosstab or graph) in a TARGIT anlysis?

A screenshot, if possible, would be helpful.

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Joe Koszulinski  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:14:41 PM(UTC)
Joe Koszulinski

Hi Ole,

I need to familiarize myself with the terms used. Card is my reference to a single analysis in Targit.

By layout, I mean I have a layout (button located in the "Add" slide of the design ribbon) pulling dynamic content from a subsequent dataset.

Example

Edited by user Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:31:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Update

Ole  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 2:36:27 PM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Joe,

Ok - think I got it now. :-)

Unfortunately, you cannot do calculations in one object based on metrics in other objects. Client based calculations require that all source metrics are within the same object.

However, your attached screenshot does not imply that it is impossible to do the three metrics as one object - rather than three objects. In TARGIT you have socalled KPI objects that will be able to handle the three metrics. To achieve the same layout as in your example, you will need to design a new KPI image. Get inspired here:
https://www.targit.com/e...-with-custom-kpi-objects

Br / Ole

Edited by user Friday, January 18, 2019 2:37:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring