en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
James McConnon  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 9:41:38 AM(UTC)
James McConnon

Groups: extranet\Customer

Hi

We're looking to upgrade to 2019, and have upgraded our Dev environment, but I'm seeing formatting issues in some of our reports, things like crosstabs running over to more than one page when exported to pdf (for a scheduled email). We have a lot of reports, and we don't really have the resources to go through them all and fix them all. It might only be five minutes work per report, but, a lot of reports.

Has anyone else who's upgraded had similar issues.

Thanks

James
Danilo Rufino  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 7:30:00 PM(UTC)
Danilo Rufino

I also upgraded a test server, and I'm seeing the same issues with Reports.

I'm also finding some issues with Dashboards on which they have a white space on top on Viewer Mode, but not on Dev Mode.
Ole  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:07:52 AM(UTC)
Ole

@Danilo Rufino:

The white space is actually a fix to an issue reported by early adapters.

One of the major new things with TARGIT 2019 is the "Canvas" concept, where everything you create is done on a fixed size canvas. In this way TARGIT has eliminated earlier issues with analyses looking differently on different device sizes and on screens/projectors with different screen resolutions.

A logic consequence of the fixed size canvas is that you will most often have surplus space at top/bottom or at left/right sides of you analysis. In earlier versions this surplus space was kept grey in Consumer mode as it was in Designer mode, but quite a few early adapters didn't like these "frames" around their analyses, so with Update 1 we changed it so that the surplus space would take the same color as your canvas/page color when viewed in Consumer mode.

BR / Ole
Ole Dyring
Ole  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 11:00:08 AM(UTC)
Ole

Update to my previous reply:

2019 Update 1 does *by default* apply the same color as the page color to the surplus area.

However, 2019 Update 1 also includes an option, in Page Settings / Styling, to re-enable the "Border area".
Ole Dyring
SO  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:22:48 PM(UTC)
SO

Any other users who have upgraded to the new version and can share some information?

Looking into doing it, but not keen to do it if I have to redesign all of my reports as it takes a lot of time.

When upgrading a couple of years ago for example the cross tab text suddenly changed and all reports had to be redone.
Ole  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:39:38 AM(UTC)
Ole

Just an additional note on this.

From TARGIT 2019 Update 1 you can ease the work load when converting from pre-2019 documents.

1. Create a file named “DocumentUpgrade.xml” in the default Settings folder of the TARGIT Server:
“C:\ProgramData\TARGIT\ANTServer\Settings\Defaults\”.

2. Copy and paste the following into the file using a text editor like Notepad:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Settings>
<Setting name="ConvertHeight" value="PUT INTEGER VALUE HERE (PIXELS)" />
<Setting name="ConvertWidth" value="PUT INTEGER VALUE HERE (PIXELS)" />
</Settings>

Also, I have created a short (5 min) tutorial video on this:
https://vimeo.com/user29...iew/338669129/36144fc4f3

BR / Ole
Ole Dyring