en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SO  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 11:56:25 AM(UTC)
SO

Groups: extranet\Forum

I have three different crosstabs with sales data. One with quotes, one with orders and one with invoices.
All the tables have customer id, date and amount. To separate the three different data sources I'm thinking of adding a category like "quote, order, invoice" in the tables in data modeler.

What I want to achieve is to see the full customer history cronologically in one table consisting of data from all three.

Is that possible?
Ole  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:58:31 AM(UTC)
Ole

Groups: extranet\Forum

That should be possible, I think.

Something along these lines:

- Add all three tables as individual data sources to Data Modeler.
- Use "Formats" to add an extra column to each table. The extra column can be called "Category" and should contain "Quote" for one table, "Order" for the next table and "Invoice" for the last table.
- Create a small dimension table, e.g from Excel, with the three values: Quote, Order, Invoice. Add it as a data source.
- Create a date dimension table, e.g. using Data Modeler's Date Time plugin.
- Optional: Create customer dimension table with all unique customer values. Add it as a data source.
- In a cube editor, use the three tables (formats) as fact tables - all relating to the respective dimension tables.

BR / Ole
Ole Dyring