en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jelle van Hulten  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:59:04 AM(UTC)
Jelle van Hulten

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hi,

Was wondering if it is possible to add a label only to one or more specific dimensions of my chosing in a chart.

For example:
There is a line chart that contains the cumulative revenue YTD per month. I would like to add a label with the cumulative revenue, but only to the actual month. All other months should not have a label and are therefore blank.

BR,
Jelle
Steffen Davidsen  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 10:19:57 AM(UTC)
Steffen Davidsen

Originally Posted by: Jelle van Hulten Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Was wondering if it is possible to add a label only to one or more specific dimensions of my chosing in a chart.

For example:
There is a line chart that contains the cumulative revenue YTD per month. I would like to add a label with the cumulative revenue, but only to the actual month. All other months should not have a label and are therefore blank.

BR,
Jelle

Hi Jelle,

I suggest that you look into the Advanced Label Editor. Here you can create Conditional labels.

The way I usually do it, is to create a new hidden measure first with a rank (that would hopefully return a '1' in the last month of the year, since you are showing the YTD revenue).
In the conditional label, you can now set a requirement that the rank has to be 1 to show a custom label.

Let me know, if it works for you. You can see an example, of how we have used it here: https://imgur.com/a/73R9FJ2

Best regards,
Steffen
Jelle van Hulten  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:14:50 PM(UTC)
Jelle van Hulten

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the assistance. Using the rank function in combination with the Advanced Label Editor did the trick for me as well.

After some toying around I also managed to get it to work with cumulative values as clarified below.

Month Cumulative Revenue
January 100
February 225
March 205
April 275

BR,
Jelle