en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tim Ireland  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 9:21:45 AM(UTC)
Tim Ireland

Groups: Administrators

How do I set the Dynamic Date Origin Default Date to yesterday on reports rather than Todays date.

It defaults to Todays date but our data is only good to yesterday. If I load report on 12th Oct 2019 then I want the Dynamic Date Origin selector (Top Right) to display 11th Oct as the context.

This is specific to WTD, MTD, YTD reporting using Targit with comparison objects with dynamic date using time heirarchy to compare YOY for example. If context set to today's date then WTD for last year will include an extra days worth of data.

Steffen Davidsen  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 8:46:28 AM(UTC)
Steffen Davidsen

Groups: Administrators

Originally Posted by: Tim Ireland Go to Quoted Post
How do I set the Dynamic Date Origin Default Date to yesterday on reports rather than Todays date.

It defaults to Todays date but our data is only good to yesterday. If I load report on 12th Oct 2019 then I want the Dynamic Date Origin selector (Top Right) to display 11th Oct as the context.

This is specific to WTD, MTD, YTD reporting using Targit with comparison objects with dynamic date using time heirarchy to compare YOY for example. If context set to today's date then WTD for last year will include an extra days worth of data.

Hi Tim,

I think you are mixing the objects a bit together. The origin is not necessarily meant to be included in the required period. The origin is used to set criterias or user-dimension based on relative dates. So in my opinion, it only makes sense to have a default of "today".

So if your goal is to set a YTD (until yesterday), then you use a criteria on the dynamic date as "between.." and set the

• - From date as Specific "January" (result level: month). you can add a relative -1 day before to make sure, it would also work 1st of January (to show ytd)
  • - To date as Relative "-1 day" (result level: day)

.. or use the pre-specified option from the menu, that TARGIT has created ;).

Best,
Steffen