en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Maximiller  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:22:07 PM(UTC)
Maximiller

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hello,

I tried connecting directly to an excel spreadsheet Targit and failed. Has anyone done this?

I would like to know how to use the Targit an external source, in this case, an excel spreadsheet.

grateful
Ole  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:16:47 AM(UTC)
Ole

TARGIT can work together with Excel in the following ways:
1. Right click any object and choose Data/Export table data/Export to Excel to get the table data exported to Excel. Any formatting of the cross table will be preserved in the Excel sheet.
2. Highlight a cross table and copy (CTRL+C). Paste in Excel (CTRL+V). This will bring the cross table data across without formatting.
3. Highligt, copy and paste a graphical object. This will paste the object as a picture in Excel, without cross table data.

You cannot make a connection from Excel directly to the TARGIT client.

You cannot make a connection from Excel to the TARGIT server.

You can however make a connection from Excel directly to an Analysis Services database.

You cannot make a connection from TARGIT (client nor server) directly to an Excel spread sheet. The Excel sheet data will need to be loaded into your data warehouse first.

As an alternative, you may wish to visit www.illo.com. This is an affiliate of TARGIT which allows you to upload e.g. Excel data into a cloud hosted TARGIT environment.

Best regards / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Ahmad Baara  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2014 5:27:23 PM(UTC)
Ahmad Baara

Hi Ole

I was attempting to CTRL + C a barchart on an analysis of mine into MS Word, this worked fine using the Targit client, however when I tried it with the Web client it did not work, I also tried it by right clicking -> Object "Copy" and pasting, still it didnt work.

Could this be a limitation or a bug?
Ole  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2015 11:12:01 AM(UTC)
Ole

Just re-visited this topic. At the time it was created, TARGIT did not have any Data Discovery capabilities to e.g. connect directly to data in an Excel sheet.

In the meantime, this has changed. Now you can upload a variety of external data sources, including Excel sheets, to create immediately available, in-memory cubes.

See this video: http://www.targit.com/en/video/features/targit_2015_data_discovery

BR / Ole
I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring