en
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kim Pedersen  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:09:09 PM(UTC)
Kim Pedersen

Groups: extranet\Forum

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to see usage statistics of reports/analysis in Targit (2K11)? We have a lot of users and reports and would like to cleanup never used (or seldomly used) reports. So the possibility to fx. see last date of execution would be nice :)

Regards,
Kim
Chris Campbell  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:37:17 PM(UTC)
Chris Campbell

Hi Kim

I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to do this within Targit itself.

You should however be able to do this on the server either with a script or some software.

All of the Analysis files are held on the server in the same folder Targit/AntServer/VFS/Global and if you manage to log from the server when these are accessed etc it should help you.

Chris Campbell
Gemma International - Andover UK
Ole  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:25:27 AM(UTC)
Ole

Hi Kim,

You can do this directly from the TARGIT Management Studio if you have a TARGIT Enterprise license.

In the TARGIT Management Studio (Setup / Back-end)you can enable logging. Log info will be written to an "Auxillary database". The Auxillary database is a simple SQL Server database that you create for this specific purpose. In the TARGIT Management Studio (Connections) you must make an Other / Relation Auxillary Database connection to this database before enabling logging.

Log info will contain things like: "Who has accessed what analysis at what time, and how long did it take to load the analysis". This should suit your request perfectly.

Since the log info is stored in simple tables in a simple database it is possible to create a cube based on these log info. This log info cube can than be analysed by use of the TARGIT client!

If you login to the TARGIT Portal www.mytargit.com and do a search for "user log" you will find a nice PDF brochure with more info about this.

Best regards,
Ole

Edited by user Wednesday, April 4, 2012 9:57:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I work as an employee with TARGIT A/S. Any statement made by me in this forum represents my own opinion and state of mind, and is not necessarily related to or representative of TARGIT A/S.

UserPostedImage Ole Dyring
Morten Søndergaard  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:10:33 PM(UTC)
Morten Søndergaard

od@targit.com wrote:
If you login to the TARGIT Portal www.mytargit.com and do a search for "user log" you will find a nice PDF brochure with more info about this.

I cannot find this. Could you please be more specfic, or has the location been changed?

Best regards

Morten Søndergaard
Peter  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:19:32 PM(UTC)
Peter

Hi Morten

If you're logged into mytargit.com you can click this link:

https://intranet.targit....e4-9ed0-a7110bbd4fb1.pdf

If you want it to appear in search you have to click the "Search Documents" ;-)

Best Regards,

Peter