Shopping around for a BI solution
is not an easy task. Do you go with the biggest name in the business or the most experienced? Is Microsoft’s Power BI worth the investment – or even right for your organization? Who’s the best on price, ease of use, and all the other boxes you need to check?
For help, let’s turn to Brad Kirkendall, Senior Director of Enterprise Architecture at enVista
, a leading global supply chain consulting/IT services firm and valued strategic partner – and see what an expert on the topic has to say about TARGIT Decision Suite vs. Microsoft’s Power BI
We wanted to dig deeper, so we reached out to more customers and partners. The result: an in-depth webinar
with side-by-side comparisons of TARGIT and Power BI, hosted by Niels Thomsen, TARGIT Solution Architect. Read on to learn why it’s a must-watch.
Data governance, notifications, easy benchmarking, and more
Before you commit to a BI platform, you have a host of critical details to consider. There’s security and data governance, scheduling and notifications, dashboards and benchmarking, not to mention learning curves and pricing policies.
Thomsen explores these topics and more. He examines the differences between TARGIT Decision Suite and Power BI, separating the hype from the hard facts and probing into often-overlooked nuances, feature by feature.
For example, you’ll learn:
- What to watch for with regard to ease of use and the learning curve of both products
- Why the need for speed can cost an organization in terms of validation
- How a “free” BI tool can impact your budget when there’s no sharing allowed and scaling makes the pricing into a hockey stick
- Which features scale – and which don’t – as your organization grows (governance and distribution options should be carefully examined)
- Why 10 minutes on role-based governance done with drag and drop functionality now can save months of aggravation later
- How to choose between cool graphic visualizations and straightforward analysis
In 53 minutes, you’ll gain enough insight into the relative features and benefits of TARGIT Decision Suite and Power BI to make an informed decision – one you can support with data and justify with confidence.
How to leverage the best of the best BI for your enterprise
The right choice, of course, is the one that works for your organization. While Microsoft Power BI is a relative newcomer, it’s from the biggest name in the business. But what it lacks in enterprise name recognition, TARGIT Decision Suite makes up for in maturity.
The bottom line: Both Power BI and TARGIT have their strengths and shortcomings, and both can integrate with your ERP system. In certain cases, they can even work together. In fact, because they cover different needs, some companies find it makes sense to implement both. The webinar shows you why – and how to arrive at the best solution for your enterprise.
Get the data you need to decide. Watch our on-demand webinar.